175th Weekend - Open House
12 Nov @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Please join us for our 175th Anniversary Celebration Weekend!
You’re invited to a Community Open House on Sunday, November 12 from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Temple (5200 Old Mill Road in Fort Wayne):
- Take a docent-led Jewish Heritage Tour, developed with ARCH, focusing on Jewish life in our community from the early days of Jewish immigration to the present. Trolleys with docents from ARCH will leave the Temple at 1:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. Seating is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Ages 12 and up only. Tour is approximately 2 hours. A self-guided tour will be available later this year.
- Visit the Goldman Memorial Museum at the Temple for its grand opening. Highlights include a timeline of 200 years of Jewish history in Northeast Indiana; an exhibit about Jewish holidays; and a display with a Torah that survived the Holocaust.
- Experience klezmer-inspired music performed by a string quartet from the Fort Wayne Philharmonic, featuring musicians David Ling and Betsy Gephart, violins; Bruce Graham, viola; and David Rezits, cello.
- Discover more about Jewish traditions and community. Docents will be available to answer your questions. Learn about our building, including the beautiful worship spaces, stained glass windows, and our new yahrzeit sculpture that encompasses nearly 1,000 nameplates of loved ones dating to our earliest members
- Enjoy a nosh that includes Jewish favorites for holidays and year-round
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (260) 744-4245