Meet Your Mishpocha Rifkin Campus Open House
11 Sep @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Come join us for 800 Degrees Pizza! Enter to win a free DNA kit and consultation! Catch up with old friends and make new ones!
On Sunday, September 11, from noon to 2 p.m., we’ll be hosting a “Meet Your Mishpocha” Rifkin Campus Open House for the community to come together and celebrate our families.
Hosted by the Temple and our Religious School, the Jewish Federation of Fort Wayne, and the Northeast Indiana Jewish Genealogy Society, the afternoon is aimed at welcoming our Jewish community back to the Rifkin Campus as we get ready to begin a New Year.
In addition to a great lunch from 800 Degrees (cost is $5 per family or $2.50/person), we’ll have lots of activities and information available:
- Get ready for the Temple’s 20th Corned Beef fundraiser with merchandise and sponsorships to purchase
- Check out our new digital Yahrzeit display and how to enhance your loved one’s page with biographic information and photos
- Learn about upcoming events from the Jewish Federation and PFW’s Center for Genocide Studies
- Sign up to record your story with the Oral History Video Project
- Learn about the history of the Indiana Jewish Historical Society, DNA Research, and Preservation of your family documents and artifacts.
- Explore your family history with the Northeast Indiana Jewish Genealogy Society. Bring in your photos and documents to be digitized and take them home on a new thumb drive. Ask the experts about research, learn about local genealogy resources, and more.
- Religious School students will have family-related activities available, including PJ Library time with the Jewish Federation
- Check out the resources of the Rabbi Richard B. Safran Library
- Enter a drawing for a free DNA kit from the Northeast Indiana Jewish Genealogy Society!