L'shana Tovah! High Holy Days 5779 (2018)
Please visit our calendar for complete details.
Please join us at Congregation Achduth Vesholom for the High Holy Days led by Rabbi Lenny Sarko.
Erev Rosh Hashanah - Sunday, September 9 - We'll start the New Year with our service at 8 p.m., followed by our annual Rosh Hashanah Reception. The chance to kindle new and old friendships is especially significant this sacred time of year. Our celebration includes the grand opening of the "Revisiti
ng Shabbat" traveling art exhibit.
Rosh Hashanah - Monday, September 10 -
Our Rosh Hashanah morning service
begins at 10 a.m. led by Rabbi Lenny Sarko with musical accompaniment by Dr. Gary Helfin. Hear the sound of the shofar as we welcome the new year. FOrTY,
our high school youth group, will serve apples & honey after the service. (The Minyan Katan service has been cancelled, but children are welcome to attend the regular service with their parents.)
Cemetery Services - Sunday, September 16 -
Rabbi Lenny Sarko will lead memorial prayers at 1 p.m. at Lindenwood Cemetery and 2:30 p.m. at Fort Wayne Jewish Cemetery.
Kol Nidre - Tuesday, September 18 - Service at 8 p.m. led by Rabbi Lenny with musical accompaniment by Dr. Gary Helfin.
Yom Kippur - Wednesday, September 19-
- MInyan Katan Children's Service and Program begins at 9:30 a.m. and is designed for those in kindergarten through 5th grade with their parents. After the brief service, crafts, stories, music, and more continue for children until noon.
- Morning Worship begins at 10 a.m.
- Yizkor (Memorial) Service begins around noon. We'll also dedicate yahrzeit plaques added during the past year.
- Afternoon Service at 4 p.m.
- Neilah (Concluding) Service - 5 p.m.
- Break-the-Fast follows - 6 p.m. Please make a reservation by Wednesday, September 12.
High Holy Days Food Drive to help the food bank at Wellspring Interfaith Social Services. Please pick up a bag on Rosh Hashanah and return on Yom Kippur filled with non-perishable food and household items.
Sukkah Decorating, Pizza in the Hut, Fiddler on the Roof Sing-Along - Sunday, September 23 - Decorating begins at 11 a.m., followed at noon with lunch and 12:30 p.m. sing-along. RSVP by Friday, September 21. Lunch is $5 per person.
Sukkot Service - Friday, September 28 - Service at 7 p.m.
Simchat Torah Service - Friday, October 5 - Service at 7 p.m.
Hanukkah - Begins Sunday, December 2
Purim Service - Friday, March 22
FOrTY's annual Purim Carnival - Sunday, March 24
Passover begins on Friday, April 19. Congregational Second Seder will be held Saturday, April 20.
Shavuot will be observed on Friday, June 7.