Whether you’re a first- or fourth-generation member of Fort Wayne’s Jewish community, please join the Northeast Indiana Jewish Genealogy Society for “Fort Wayne Jewish Family Day” on Sunday, September 22 from noon to 3 p.m. at the Rifkin Campus.
This open house is designed to introduce our new Fort Wayne Jewish Families Project, a database aiming to cover the history of our community back to its roots in the 19th-century.
We would love to add your photos, stories, and connections to our database and will have scanners available to digitize materials. We’ll have opportunities for you to see what we have and to add your information. In addition, we’ll have plenty of activities for all ages, including:
- Ask An Expert – Genealogy help from NEIJGS members and the ACPL’s Curt Witcher
- Photo IDs – bring your own mystery photos and help identify others
- Kids Table – family trees for the younger set
- Photo Booth – take a family photo while you’re here
- Oral Histories – sign up to record your stories
- Indiana Jewish Historical Society table – information about publications and archives
- Plus scanning photos and documents and viewing the database!
All this, and lunch as well! Bring your family and come celebrate our history and our community. Hope to see you there!