L’shana Tovah! Please join us at Congregation Achduth Vesholom for the High Holy Days season to come together for the first time with two worship traditions!
Our New Year 5780 begins with expanded options at the Temple. We’ll offer Reform and traditional services on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Please review the new schedule carefully because customary dates and times may be different. Visit our calendar for complete details.
Reform services will be led by Rabbi Paula Winnig, Achduth Vesholom’s new spiritual leader. She will be joined by Cantor Yvon F. Shore, Director of Liturgical Arts and Music at Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in Cincinnati, with accompaniment by Maestro Robert Nance. The Temple’s Hazemir Choir will sing at evening services and Yizkor.
Traditional worship will be led by Cantor Michael Small.
We offer the following services on Tuesday, October 8 for Erev Yom Kippur:
- Traditional Services - Minchah at 7 p.m. and Kol Nidre at 7:15 p.m.
- Reform Service - 8 p.m.
Join us on the Day of Atonement - Wednesday, October 9:
- 8:30 a.m. - Shacharit
- 11 a.m. - Yizkor
- 5:15 p.m. - Minchah
- 6:30 p.m. – Ne’ilah
- 7:30 p.m. – Ma’ariv
- 8 p.m. – Havdalah
- Break-the-Fast follows Havdalah – Please make a reservation to (260) 744-4245 by Wednesday, October 2 for the meal hosted by the ROMEOs.
- 10 a.m. Morning Service
- 3 p.m. – Afternoon Service
- 4 p.m. – Yizkor Memorial Service
- 5 p.m. – Neilah (Concluding) Service
- Break-the-Fast follows Nei’lah – Please make a reservation to (260) 744-4245 by Wednesday, October 2 for the meal hosted by the ROMEOs.
High Holy Days Food Drive: Please return paper shopping bags filled with non-perishable food items for local families. Please consider bringing in at least one bag of food for each member of your family. Thank you!